Wednesday, February 16, 2011

RSS Feeds

     I think RSS feeds will be very valuable to me in my future. It is a very useful tool to aggregate data from the internet. In addition, if there are documents which students can email to me (especially homework), then I can easily collect homework via RSS feeds in a folder. Currently, several of my students have very poor handwriting and prefer to type their assignments, which some print and a few send via email. In the future, I will encourage as many students as I can to type and email their assignments to me.
     The current feeds which I subscribe to mirror my interests. For fun, I subscribe to the Huffington Post, to sample a wide array of unpaid journalists. I also take a look at Google News and Digg. I also subscribe to In The Pipeline, a blog written by a pharmaceutical chemist, Derek Lowe, it is by far my favorite. I also am also receiving a blog about teaching, called the Fischbowl. Also, since I am interested in the biotechnology business sectors in San Diego and SF, I subscribe to the business times news from each of those areas. I also look at SF Gate.
     I also subscribe to Physics and Astronomy sites, hoping to come up for ideas for lectures in Physical Science.
     In summary, the RSS system certainly saves time, and I am certain that I will continue using this technology in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment